Friday, November 11, 2011

New begginings or just a new downfall?

I want to start again, try to put everything behind me and recover from mental illness. Recover from self harm and eating disorders. I lost nearly my whole childhood to depression, low self esteem, self harm and eating disorders. I think it is time to claim it back.

I want to recover from my eating disorders and self harm, yet the eating disorder at the moment seems impossible to overcome. I am not "underweight" so i fear if i eat "correctly" then i will put weight on. It terrifies me. I don't want to do it. I keep telling myself, just a little more weight off then i can afford to put the weight back on, but truthfully, i will always say just a little more weight off then i will stop. In reality, it is better staying at the weight i am now instead of losing it and saying the infamous  "just a little more". Self harm seems to be the easiest of the two to overcome at the moment. Eating disorders and purging just brings fear into me when people mention how i have to eat "correctly". To me, it means putting on weight and then becoming "fat". I know i am not fat but my feelings of being HUGE and FAT and everything else negative over ride logic. I am trying to eat more, but the more i try that, the more i am lying. The more i am lying, the more weight i lose. It is a never ending battle between emotion and logic. Somehow the emotion beats the logic. There should be a handbook for this kind of thing!

On to the more pressing subject of the day, My parents have decided that i will eat every meal with them, i can chose how much it is, but i must eat my meal with them (only dinner). I can chose the meals, and i can chose how much goes on my dinner plate. Going to be sitting down with them tomorrow night planning next weeks "menu" of sorts. I am not going to kid myself, i am terrified. The thought of eating with my parents and other people in fact scares me, i don't know why.




I want a new beginning, something i can say "that was my turning point" , "that's when it started getting better". Something significant! I am debating whether to get my hair cut really short. Like Frankie's out of the Saturdays but i don't know if that's too drastic. Okay, yes it will signify a new beginning totally and hopefully the beginning of the end of mental illness, but the actual decision to do it is mind boggling. I want to do it so badly, but i have had my hair in a bob before and it looks horrible, mind you, i was 11st7 ish so i was chubby and my face had no definitions. Since i have lost a lot of weight i have definitions and it think it will look nice. May get my uncle to photo shop that hair onto me since he is amazing at it and does it for a living, you know, designing the lacoste logo, 'photoshopping' famous celebrities such as Kate moss. Who by the way, is wrinkle city without the magic touch of photo shop! Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment