Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stop kidding yourself amy

going to stop kiddingg myself that CBT is actually working. It isnt helping at all, its just me and a man in a room and him doing all the talking. I would rather do art therapy or somthing because CBT doesnt help at all, in fact its quite boring. When he says do you understand, i say yes just to move on. I do try and make it work but it doesnt. It doesnt do bad, but it doesnt do any good either. It hasnt stopped my cutting, i still get just as angry. I dont want to go to CAMHS on friday!

1 comment:

  1. If he's doing all the talking then he's not very good at CBT. It's little wonder it doesn't help you at all.

    You could try training him to listen, if he's willing. Start with silence, just so he gets used to being with another human being and not interrupting the moment. Then move on to telling him a little story, so he can practise hearing what another human being has to say without saying anything himself. Finally move on to telling him a story that he then has to repeat back to you in every detail, so he can learn to really listen. And after that he might be ready to do some simple CBT for you.

    ReplyDelete